Friday, December 12, 2008
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? For Christmas definitely wrapping paper. The paper the bows, the ribbon; it's what makes it festive.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I LOVE real trees. But we can't have a real tree in our house by regs for more than 10 days. So artificial it is.
3. When do you put up the tree? December 1st. My daddy's birthday. We always have.
4. When do you take the tree down? When I finally find the energy sometime after January 1st.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, with Sprite in it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My "day bed". It was what I really wanted.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Several. We're kind of additcted to them. We have several kid friendly ones like the "Little People Nativity" and a set of stuffed animals and dolls that the kids play with.
8. Hardest person to buy for? David. His toys are so expensive so it's hard to find the perfect thing.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Grandparents. Pictures always work.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Snail mail it is.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of anything.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Charlie Brown Christmas and Miricle on 34th St.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? October usually.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Everything.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree ? Colored. It's just so fun.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night and Winter Wonderland
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home. Christmas is about home and my immediate family.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star. I don't like angels with wings. It's bothered me since I was very young. And you can't find an angel without wings. Go figure!
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present (pajamas) on Christmas Eve and everything else on the morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People thinking it's about buying the perfect thing.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We each get a new ornament each year. It makes for an eclectic tree but one very full of memories.
24. Favorite food Christmas dinner? Everything together.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? My family together and happy.
26. Favorite Christmas tradition? Christmas eve reading the nativity story and singing songs.
27. Tag 5 people - Let's just say, if you have a blog and you are reading this - you have been tagged!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Then on Halloween night we went around the neighborhood with friends.
So needless to say, our girls had a full and "sticky" Halloween. I really enjoyed myself this year too. I was so much fun to see the holiday thru the eyes of my children. The pure joy at dressing up and pretending to be something else. And then to get candy on top of that was just heaven to them.
For the next month we tried to enjoy the last days of warm weather. The girls jus love playing outside and I wanted to enjoy every day they could be outside. The girls also like to play dress up. They're fairy princesses! Daddy says so!
Aren't they pretty?
Then Thanksgiving arrived! We had diner with some of our friends from her. April Kerven and her two kids, Lyam and Kaitlyn, joined us. They just moved here recently also. So we split up the work and had Thanksgiving diner with each other. Anya helped make the pumpkin pies this year! She helped me roll out the crusts and mix the filling. Then she faithfully checked them every few minutes thru the oven window to make sure they were cooking. Here's her finished pies.
And they tasted even better than they looked!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for this year that we can't even begin to say how blessed be are. We thank the Lord everyday for His love and protection.
Then December 1st arrived. This is the day that we always decorate for Christmas. So like in years past, we put up our tree and our stocking. The girls picked out Dora the Explorer ornaments for this year. Dora rules our world right now. They're so cute. So here they are putting up their ornaments.
Now we're just enjoying the season. And of course counting down till Santa coming, and Grandma and Papa coming. Grandma and Papa will be here on the 19th. We're so excited to be spending Christmas with them. But we'll be busy till then of course.
This week is full of Anya's dance class. She has her first dance recital on Saturday. So we have lots of extra rehersals and stuff like that. Well I've got to run. I'll try to post pictures of Anya's dance recital this weekend. Here she is in her outfit. Lots of love. TTFN
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Of course our ever contant companion, Kitty, had to come see D.C., too. Anya and Kitty seem inseperable on most days. But that's normal, and pretty cute if I'm honest. She's growing up so fast that I just love the little things that tell me that she's still a little girl. She started dance class two weeks ago. She's loving it, and actually learning things. After class she comes home and shows Daddy everything she learned. She's so proud of herself. She looks so grown up with her hair pulled up and her dance clothes on. This week she was so excited about class that as soon as she saw her teacher she ran off and didn't even look back for so much as an "I love you" or "I'll see you later." And then when class was over she was so sad that she had to leave. :( It's going to be so much fun watching her learn more throught this class.
Kyrie is learning so much everyday. She still looks so small that I often forget how old she really is. So when she does or says things it sometimes takes me by surprise. She is currently very upset with the world because she isn't as big as her sister. She was so mad when Anya when to dance class and she couldn't go too. She seems to think that she should be able to do everything her sister does, and most of the time she does. As much as I don't like to think about it, she too is growing up so fast. My darling girl loves to play pretend already. Right now she likes to pretend to be different animals. One day she's a cow and moo's all day, and the next she might be an elephant or puppy. We never know what she might be. She's so cute making all the different animal sounds. But even though she's cute, she's still developed a few unfortunate habits. Her worst is her squealing. She thinks that it's a great way to communicate. If she's mad, or upset, or even just excited she loves to squeal as high and loud as she can. She thinks that she's queen of the world and we should all bow to her whims. She even has a crown. See!
They're just growing and learning so much and so quickly. It's hard for a Mommy to keep up, but I'm trying. And loving ever minute of it!!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
We also have access to several neighborhood centers that have fitness centers, a children's library, pools, party rooms, and laudry facilities. They're really nice and very convenient to get to right down the road. Anya and Kyrie love the children's library. They go in and never want to come out. :)
I've just finally unpacked my last box today so we are offically all moved in. It's really nice to be here and to know that we can get settled in and stay for a while. I've gotta run, but I'll post again soon.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Friday, June 20, 2008
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Here in Florida we are well. Anya is getting smarter and smarter everyday. Her vocabulary is just amazing to me. She really does sound grown up and not like a toddler anymore. She's now doing a lot of make believe play. She likes to have tea parties with her animals, and play act stories with her toys.It's adorable.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Monday, March 31, 2008
But after figuring out that you could mash the cake between your fingers and then eat it, Kyrie decided that cake was very good.
She also eventually got the hang of unwrapping. Anya was sad about that because she had been told she could unwrap them if Ky didn't figure it out.
Kyrie got some clothes from her Grandma and Grandpa Hill and a Little People SUV from Mommy and Daddy. She had a wonderful day.
We all had a really wonderful day.